HYDERABAD: Take your love of berries to new heights with these sweet and surprising recipes. Whether you enjoy your berries fresh or baked in a cake, this collection has all the berry recipes you could need as we bid farewell to berry season.
Spicy Berry Cheesecake with Smoked White Chocolate
White chocolate 50g
| Mixed berries 50 g | Mascarpone Cheese 50g | Semi-whipped cream 50 g | Cinnamon 5g | Star anise 2 no | Icing sugar 25 g | Caster sugar 25 g
| Agar-agar 2g | Gelatin 4g | Egg yolk 2 no | Cream 25ml | Butter 5g | Charcoal 25 g (one large piece) | Vanilla cookie 15g
● In a large saucepan, keep a small bowl (must be suitable for placing the charcoal) in the middle around it, place the white chocolate.
● Light the charcoal when it has turned red, keep it in the small intestine and pour the melted butter into it, then cover with silver foil to prevent the smoke from coming out. After 10 min remove
● chocolate and making truffle using cream.
● Cook the berries with the spices and icing sugar once cooked, make a puree without the spices, divide into three parts, one part cook with agar agar and make jelly.
● Shock the gelatin in cold water, in a large bowl, cook the yolk and the caster sugar in a bain-marie once cooked and thick, add the gelatin, mix well and add the cheese and add a portion of puree and chocolate truffle white, pour in this mixer into a mold and place the vanilla cookie on top then keep it in the fridge to set.
● Once the jelly is ready and the cheesecake is placed on a plate, spread the remaining berry puree and place the cheesecake and jelly alongside and garnish with some fresh berries and edible flowers.
— By Manivannan Govindachari, Pastry Chef, Park Hyatt
Signature Deccan Gin & Tonic
Gin 60ml | Chia seeds 1 teaspoon | blueberries 3 | Ice cubes 3 ice cubes | Pink tonic water 120ML | Slice of lime
● Put ice cubes in the glass.
●Pour 60 ml of gin.
●Sprinkle chia seeds on top.
● Add 3 blueberries.
● Pour 120 ml of pink tonic water and stir gently.
● Finally garnish with a slice of lime.
— By Karthik Kumar, celebrity mixologist, Red Rhino Brewery
Strawberries 100g | Blueberries 100g | Raspberries 100g | Mint leaves 10-20 finely chopped leaves | Honey 5 tbsp | Lemon juice 2 tbsp
● Place the fruit and mint in a large bowl.
In another bowl, whisk together the honey and lemon, then mix with the fruit.
● Serve immediately.
Berries with mascarpone cream
Strawberries 100g | Blueberries 100g
Lemon juice 2-3 tbsp | Lemon zest 1 tbsp
Mascarpone cheese 100g | Greek yogurt 100g | Honey 2-3 tablespoons
Vanilla essence 1 teaspoon
● Place the sliced strawberries and blueberries in a bowl with the lemon juice and lemon zest. Mix the ingredients and reserve.
●The cream is so easy to prepare; no electric mixer or food processor is needed. Just a bowl and a whisk to mix the mascarpone cheese, Greek yogurt, vanilla, honey, lemon juice and zest.
● Then take two glasses and layer the fruit and the cream.
By Sheena Beryl, baker
— (Compiled by Reshmi Chakravorty & Rachel Dammala)