The date and location of the 2021 Llangollen Food Festival has been announced, with a “bitesize” version of the event slated to take place.
Over the years, the major event – traditionally held at the International Pavilion – has drawn thousands of people to the city every year.
It offers a showcase for over 100 merchants and has already been named one of the UK’s top 10 food festivals by the Daily Telegraph and Independent newspapers.
This time around however, after an uncertain year and a half for so many people and companies, the event will be presented in a “small” version of itself.
It will take place in the courtyard of Gale’s Wine Bar on Bridge Street on October 16-17, between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., and admission will be free.
A statement from the organizers read: “We are delighted to announce that this year’s Llangollen ‘Bitesized’ Food Festival will be held October 16-17 at The Courtyard at Gale’s Wine Bar on Bridge Street.
“There will be a select group of amazing producers out there. These will include both old favorites and brand new ones that you may also meet. There will be plenty of tasty treats available to explore, such as chocolate, wines, fruit gins, pastry and more.
“Throughout the day there will be discussions with the producers, and on Saturday night there will also be live music. We are already so excited!”
Among those who will be exhibited this year, there will be:
- Little Fudge Box (Saturday and Sunday)
- Niche pastry (Sunday)
- Powell’s Pies (Saturday and Sunday)
- Stone Circle Mead (Saturday and Sunday)
- Sabor de Amor (Saturday and Sunday)
- Hemmingway’s pesto (Saturday and Sunday)
- Derwen College (Saturday)
- Celtic spirit (Saturday and Sunday)
- Angel Feathers Gin (Saturday and Sunday)
- Cup race (Saturday and Sunday)
- Chapel Street Café (Saturday)
- Laura Hill (Sunday)
- Reserves at Ferme Géotre (Saturday and Sunday)
- Steve’s Cheese (Saturday and Sunday)
For more information about the event, visit the Llangollen Food Festival website or send an email to: [email protected]