Happy Saturday neighbors! Today, St. Michael’s School wants to lease the old West Broad Street school long-term, the Stonington Historical Society cannonball is coming, and more.
Are you a local business owner or distributor in Stonington-Mystic? Our premium local sponsorships keep you on top of inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the truth.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Clear all day. High: 76 Low: 62.
Here are the best stories in Stonington-Mystic today:
- St. Michael’s is looking to lease West Broad Street School (The Westerly Sun) for long term
- Let’s go: Stonington Historical Society to host the Cannon Ball (theday.com)
- SATURDAY PROFILE: Meet James Maple: Barista, Musician and Leather Dealer from Mystic, USA (Daily Maverick)
- Storm Ida: How much rain did you have? A Look at Connecticut Totals (Brookfield Daily Voice)
- CT Summer at the Museum program ends Labor Day (FOX 61)
- John Charles Bianchi Jr. | News, Sports, Jobs (Nashua Telegraph)
Today in Stonington-Mystic:
- Fitness in the Park – Grand Mystic Chamber of Commerce (8h00)
Stonington-Mystic Patch Notepad
- Mystical aquarium: “Recently, we were able to help A Place Called Hope in their mission to teach the public how to protect and respect wildlife, especially raptors, by donating approximately 55 lbs of capelin to the facility, ensuring that that their animals rec … “(Facebook)
- stoningtonvineyards: “Ready for the weekend… who’s coming to visit this Labor Day weekend ?! Take advantage of the wonderful weather this weekend and stop for a drink! .. “(Instagram)
- Denison Pequotsepos Natural Center: “Do you see more dragonflies zooming in? Like monarch butterflies, some dragonfly species migrate. A dragonfly called the Globe Skimmer has the longest migration of all insects – 11,000 miles across the Indian Ocean! .. .” (Facebook)
- Denison Pequotsepos Natural Center: “Last Friday was a special day at Coogan Farm as we unveiled a new plaque in the Gallup Orchard, recognizing donors who answered the call to Fund-the-Need for Nature during our 2020 Gala Celebration. L last year, more than 200 pears and apples were … “(Facebook)
- Reception and tourist information center of the Chamber of Commerce of the Great Mystic: “Thanks to Sift Bake Shop Mystic for hosting a coffee with the chefs this morning. We had a great time meeting with the Stonington, Connecticut Police Department, the City of Groton Police Department and the Yellow Lab, Officer Chase de Grot … “(Facebook)
- Stonington Community Center: “We can’t wait to kick off the 2021-22 school year next week! #BackToSchool #FeedbackFriday #Community #COMOEducation” (Instagram)
- Stonington Community Center: “Training and professional development this week for our awesome COMO team! #COMOunity #bestteamever #cpr #firstaid #medicationadministration #epipentraining #teambuilding #naeycaccredited #trainedteachers #fishphilosophy” (Instagram)
- Reception and tourist information center of the Chamber of Commerce of the Great Mystic: “So Good To See You In Mystic! Join us this Saturday (04/09) for the last” Fitness in the Park “of the summer!” Fitness in the Park “is a FREE workout class and will be held from 8am to 9am at Mystic River Park. DON’T MISS !!! Every little … “(Facebook)
- Stonington Village Farmer’s Market: “Start your holiday weekend with a trip to the market! We are open at the Moulin de Velours from 9am to 12pm on Saturday mornings! You will find so many great options including fresh farm eggs, fresh bread, green vegetables, fruits, jams, sauces, meats, … “(Facebook)
- Stonington Historical Society: “Two farm laborers in the cornfield at Stone Acres Farm, circa 1900. Gift of Heidi Paffard Simmons. Although not glamorous, the history of farming in Stonington is very important. It has carried generations. of residents across g … ” (Facebook)
- Old Mystic Fire Department (Official): “We wish everyone a safe and happy Labor Day weekend! Below is a link to the Department of Labor with information on the history of Labor Day. Https: // www. dol.gov/general/laborday/history “(Facebook)
- Borough of Stonington, Connecticut: “There’s a new live blog post! Just a mile from the Borough of Stonington is Saltwater Farm Vineyard – beautiful coastal farmland home to a converted WWII airport hangar that has been transformed into a spectacular cellar and an event space … “(Facebook)
- Mystical Seaport Museum: “We are seeing sun this weekend! Join us for our end of summer celebration, A Panorama Festival! is also the weary … “(Facebook)
- Reception and tourist information center of the Chamber of Commerce of the Great Mystic: “Our community continues to face unprecedented economic challenges due to the impacts of the national staff shortage. The Grand Mystic Chamber of Commerce is focused on solutions to ensure the success of our businesses and develop a liv …” (Facebook)
- Stonington Free Library: “Stonington Free Library is sponsoring a discussion on the Educated by Tara Westover book at Stonington Human Services on September 17th from 12pm to 7pm. Call Human Services at 860-535-5015 or e-mail [email protected] for any questions. question … “(Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
You are officially in the know for today. I’ll be back to your inbox tomorrow with a new update! If you like these newsletters, consider bringing friends and neighbors with you. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Anna bybee schier
About me: Anna is a reporter who has spent the past decade covering and editing local news for communities in Minnesota, Illinois and Connecticut. To contact Anna, send an email to [email protected]
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Stonington-Mystic Daily? You can email me at [email protected]